Quorum court to discuss sales tax redistribution, mental health unit
The Jonesboro Sun - 10/22/2017
JONESBORO - The Craighead County Quorum Court will vote Monday night on a resolution to change the way county sales tax is distributed within county funds.
Justice of the Peace Josh Longmire proposed a resolution changing the distribution from its current setup, in which 60 percent goes to the road fund and the other 40 percent goes to the general fund, to where 50 percent would go to the road fund, 45 percent would go to county general and 5 percent would go to the capital fund. The finance committee, at the Oct. 9 meeting, agreed to present the resolution to the full quorum court.
Tony Thomas, assistant to County Judge Ed Hill, said it is anticipated Craighead County Sheriff Marty Boyd will be at the meeting to give an update on the crisis stabilization unit, which is in flux after plans to use the old Ridgecrest Nursing Home fell through after residents complained about security concerns. At the Oct. 9 meeting, Boyd said one possible option was to place the facility on the grounds of the Craighead County Detention Center.
Committee reports from the public service committee, finance and administration committee and roads and transportation committee are also listed on the agenda.
Nothing else is on the agenda.
The meeting begins at 5:30 p.m. at the county judge's office at the Craighead County Courthouse Annex.
Mental Health News
Man accused of nearly killing state police Cpl. Seth Kelly is unlikely to argue mental health, lawyer says
Read Article »
Sheriff enters contract for mental-health services for inmates
Read Article »
Developmental Disabilities News
Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP)
- Learn more about Mary Ellen Copeland's Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP),
the format for organizing wellness tools into action plans in order to deal with Life's challenges, especially those related to mental illness.
- Learn About WRAP »