Spring Festivals and Awareness Walks
Alice Echo-News Journal - 4/4/2018
* Duval County's sixth annual Children's Spring Festival is scheduled for Saturday, April 7 at the San Diego Plaza Alcala. The free event will be held from 11 a.m. till 2 p.m. will plenty of games and activities. For more information contact Sandra Morin at 361-279-7054.
* The first Autism Awareness Walk will be held on Monday, April 9 starting at St. Francis de Paula Catholic Church, located at 401 South Victoria Street. Following the walk there will be a proclamation read, speakers and activities for the public.
* A walk to raise awareness about the importance of preventing child abuse will be held on Wednesday, April 11. The sixth annual Duval County Walk for Children begins at 6 p.m. at St. Francis de Paula Catholic Church, located at 401 South Victoria Street. A proclamation will be read at the San Diego City Hall. The event is free for the public. For more information contact Sandra Morin at 361-279-7054 or 361-701-7234.
Jim Wells County
* The Coastal Bend College of Alice invites the community to attend its annual spring fest on Thursday, April 12 starting at 6:30 p.m. Spring Fest is a free community appreciation event that will feature free games and activities for children of all ages.
* JWC Children's Festival will take place on Saturday, April 14 from 11 a.m. till 2 p.m. There will be free food, drinks, games, and activities for the entire family. Learn how you can access community resources for families. The festival will be held at the Veteran's Park Plaza. For more information contact Pamela Cavazos at 361-595-7233 or via email at email@example.com
Developmental Disabilities News
Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP)
- Learn more about Mary Ellen Copeland's Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP),
the format for organizing wellness tools into action plans in order to deal with Life's challenges, especially those related to mental illness.
- Learn About WRAP »